Paignton SNU Spiritualist Centre are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Paignton SNU Spiritualist Centre.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on https://paigntonsnuspiritualistcentre.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you contact us on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in social media functions and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information we receive from other sources.
- This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Disclosure of your information
- We may share your personal information with: Members of Paignton SNU Spiritualist Centre.
For how long do we retain your personal data?
- Unless required to do so by law (eg for the purposes of preventing fraud or tax evasion), we do not retain personal data no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. Ordinarily, this will be for a period of 7 years or we will retain the data for as long as we need it.
- We regularly review the personal data we hold, and delete anything we no longer need. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, is safely archived or put offline.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You also have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete data corrected and, in some cases (such as where it is no longer necessary for us to retain the data for the purposes for which it was originally collected/processed, where we need your consent and you have withdrawn such consent, or where you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue with it) to have your personal data removed from our systems.
- Where you have provided your personal data to us and our processing is carried out by automated means based on your consent or for the performance of a contract, you may ask us to provide you with the data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form or, if this is technically feasible with our systems, to transmit the data directly to another organisation. Machine readable means that the information is structured so that software can extract specific elements of the data.
- You can exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting Paignton SNU Spiritualist Centre.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will not charge you for providing you with details of the information we hold about you unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive, when we will charge you a reasonable fee, based on the administrative cost of providing the information. We may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with multiple requests for further copies of the same information.
- If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact Paignton SNU Spiritualist Centre firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to resolve it.